Collection of Information
Customer Radar collects information, including personal information, in the following ways:
- Via our websites or via SMS from a mobile device when one of our clients’ customers (an “end customer”) provides feedback about one of our clients, its personnel or its goods or services. That feedback may include personal information about our client, our client’s personnel, and about the end customer themselves, provided in the process of providing feedback or to register for a prize competition offered by a client, in a service complaint or compliment, or in resolving any complaint. Personal information collected from the end customer, with their knowledge, may include their name, email address, mobile number and details provided about their interaction with our client and its personnel.
- Via our websites when our clients’ personnel register with us and then log in and use the Customer Radar platform. Information collected includes our clients’ registered personnel’s email addresses and their responses to feedback provided by end customers. Those responses may include personal information about our clients, our client’s personnel and about the end customer (e.g. details of service complaints or compliments and resolution of complaints).
These last two categories of information (“client information”) are collected by us for four purposes:
- to enable each of our clients to assess its and its personnel’s performance in delivering goods and/or services to end customers and to respond to end customer feedback;
- to enable each of our clients to improve its goods and/or services generally;
- to enable each of our clients to offer further goods and/or services and prizes to end customers who provide feedback;
- so that we can aggregate customer feedback to show performance statistics and trends, which enable our clients to enhance their services and benchmark themselves against similar businesses and enable us to provide anonymised statistical data to third parties.
Any individual has the right to request access to or correction of any personal information we hold about them.
To do so, please contact us – Click here
Any individual can make a privacy complaint to Customer Radar. To do so, please contact us – Click here We will attempt to respond within a reasonable time, no later than 30 days. Customer Radar will treat any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by us with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner.
Use of Personal Information
We retain website information indefinitely on our systems in New Zealand. It is not provided to any third party.
Customer information is dealt with as follows:
- It is retained on our systems in New Zealand and in databases and applications controlled by us that are hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Sydney, Australia. All data is backed up regularly and may be mirrored to AWS servers in other jurisdictions.
- It is retained for so long as the particular client requires it for any particular programme. Time periods range from months to years.
We do not provide personal information to any third party, but we may from time to time aggregate and anonymise the information to use or provide to third parties, for research, data analysis, statistical or other purposes.
Where a client terminates its relationship with Customer Radar, if requested by that client, we will provide all clients information relating to that client, its personnel, and its end customers, to that client, in a standard data format. These clients may be located in any country. As soon as practicable, we will delete that client information from our systems. Other than as stated in this policy, we will only disclose personal information where we are required by a warrant, production order, subpoena or similar court order in any jurisdiction to do so or in other circumstances where we are required or permitted by law to disclose it.
If we collect personal information outside New Zealand, it may be disclosed to Customer Radar in New Zealand.
This policy was last updated on 19-09-2021.